Cadent Gas & Riverside College 11am

Watch Topic

Cadent Gas chatted to Riverside College, who asked:

• The apprenticeships Cadent offer, and what you qualify as when you complete the programme.
  • What qualifications you need to get into the industry.
  • Where jobs are based.
  • Who Cadent work with.
<< < 1 2 3 4 5 > >>
61 Johnspeed5 6 years ago
Johnspeed5

what type of engineering do you do

62 caitlincronin01 6 years ago
caitlincronin01

Do you encourage girls to sign for this apprenticeship?

63 kieranharen13 6 years ago
kieranharen13

(Original post by clairenoble  6 years ago)
what links does the company have? Links to what? What do you mean Kieran?

links to other company and partner ships

64 RC0030859 6 years ago
RC0030859

are the jobs onshore or offshore?

65 Ben-2012 6 years ago
Ben-2012

What projects have you worked on in the past for you company.

66 crowe123 (Resourcing Business Partner) 6 years ago
crowe123

Yes - the job starts on day 1. We don't train you and then let you go. You are a valuable part of our company from Day 1!

67 clairenoble (New Talent Manager) 6 years ago
clairenoble

do you think apprenticeships are the best way forward for people our age

It depends what you want to do. I think an apprenticeship is a fantastic way of getting great technical knowledge and getting a qualification at the same time. Whilst doing a degree is fantastic - you are likely to be earning about £25,000 by the time your friends are just finishing their degree.
Apprenticeships is great for hands-on doing the job. We also have a graduate programme route and that is a great entry point for those who have done a degree and they get a broad experience across the organisation.
You have fantastic development opportunities whichever route you take and get supported to further your career.

68 Ben-2012 6 years ago
Ben-2012

How did you start at your company.

69 NaomiD (Resourcing Advisor) 6 years ago
NaomiD

We have 3 different apprenticeship schemes on offer.
One is in Emergency Response whereby you would be trained as the first responder to gas escapes across our network.
We also have apprenticeships in Repair Support which involves working as a two man team, outdoors on Gas mains, working alongside the public to keep the nation safe.
Our final programme is within Operate and Maintain which involves ensuring our network is well maintained.

Applications for both our Emergency Response and Repair Support are open for applications now. Our Operate and Maintain programmes will open for applications by the end of this year.

70 crowe123 (Resourcing Business Partner) 6 years ago
crowe123

Yes Caitlin, we do encourage girls to join the scheme and the business. We have a number of girls that have recently completed their schemes as well as a number that have joined us this year.

71 crowe123 (Resourcing Business Partner) 6 years ago
crowe123

@johnspeed05 - this is gas engineering.

72 crowe123 (Resourcing Business Partner) 6 years ago
crowe123

@RC0030859 all of our roles are onshore

73 clairenoble (New Talent Manager) 6 years ago
clairenoble

links to other company and partner ships

We work with a huge range of companies. We work with the other gas networks who do the same as us in other parts of the country. There are 4 companies who split the country up. We also work with huge number of suppliers who help us deliver our equipment, tools, kit etc. We have contractors who deliver special complex works for us too, this includes Balfour Beatty, Morrisons and Skanska.

74 kieranharen13 6 years ago
kieranharen13

(Original post by clairenoble  6 years ago)
links to other company and partner ships We work with a huge range of companies. We work with the other gas networks who do the same as us in other parts of the country. There are 4 companies who split the country up. We also work with huge number of suppliers who help us deliver our equipment, tools, kit etc. We have contractors who deliver special complex works for us too, this includes Balfour Beatty, Morrisons and Skanska.

Will there be any opportunity's to help and put our input into any projects the company will be doing?

75 clairenoble (New Talent Manager) 6 years ago
clairenoble

How did you start at your company ...

I started as a student whilst I was at university, in 2004. I did my placement in HR. I then finished my degree and joined the graduate programme in 2006. Over the last 11 years I have worked all over the organisation, in customer roles, engineering roles and working with the directors. I then came back to HR last year and am now managing all of the new talent schemes, including the apprenticeships, student programmes and graduate programmes.

76 Johnspeed5 6 years ago
Johnspeed5

what do you do with the gas

77 crowe123 (Resourcing Business Partner) 6 years ago
crowe123

@Ben-2012 it's hard to list all of the projects we have worked on but if i focus on some recent [link removed]
We are a new brand for an old company so part of our key work at the moment is to show our external customers (which you and your families all are) who we are, how we can support their daily needs, how we have separated from National Grid, etc. Going into winter this is one of busiest times of year to ensure the safety of our customers as we continue to keep homes safe and warm whilst at the same time continuing to establish our brand. I hope this answers your question?

78 Ben-2012 6 years ago
Ben-2012

OK thanks for your time have a nice day bye.

79 NaomiD (Resourcing Advisor) 6 years ago
NaomiD

@Johnspeed5 We safely transport Gas to our 11 million customers. We ensure gas is available when and where it is needed, this includes homes. factories, shops or businesses

80 clairenoble (New Talent Manager) 6 years ago
clairenoble

Will there be any opportunity's to help and put our input into any projects the company will be doing?

Do you mean from school, or on your apprenticeship?
There are constant projects going on and there are opportunities all the time to join in and support projects. We also encourage any employee to feedback suggestions and ideas to any problem.

I dont know if there would be an opportunity to support a project whilst you are at school though, mainly because of the dangers in running the gas projects.

<< < 1 2 3 4 5 > >>

Sorry this topic is locked

Sign up to receive careers advice and info about apprenticeships & school leaver jobs.