This page is a collection of resources for teachers, careers advisors, parents and students to use during the school closures brought about by coronavirus.
We will update it as we create new resources so please keep checking back - and don't forget to bookmark the page so you can easily find it again.
1. Careers Action Plan for students
We have created a Careers Action Plan for students. Click here to download it.
This worksheet was originally intended to be started at the beginning of Summer term 2020 but can be used any time. Simply ask students to update the dates listed in the first column.
2. Industry Spotlight series PLUS worksheets
Last year we sent out a series of newsletters shining a spotlight on career paths within different industries - and we have now added these articles to our website. We have also upgraded the articles to include worksheets for students to complete.
You can view them here:
- Accountancy, Banking & Finance
- Construction & Property
- Energy & Utilities
- Transport & Logistics - Rail
School staff, you can receive emails like this straight to your inbox by signing up to our mailing list here.
We are celebrating the amazing #CrisisCareersHeroes who are keeping us safe at this difficult time - many of whom do not get the recognition and thanks they deserve during normal times.
Last Spring, we ran a week-long campaign, featuring articles on the amazing workers who are keeping society ticking over and educating our readers about how they can begin a career in these fields. We also featured interviews and social media graphics like the one here.
We've collected together all of the articles from the campaign on this page so you can meet all of the #CrisisCareersHeroes in one place!
You can download all the graphics here.
4. Key resources on our site
Here are some great resources from across our website you may wish to share with students:
- Career Zones: Explore over 20 industries and the career paths students can pursue within them.
- 60 Second Interviews: Interviews with students, graduates, apprentices and other young professionals.
- Advice: Detailed advice and guidance articles across 13 areas including work experience, employability skills and working life, as well as a "how to become" series of job profiles.
5. Gatsby resources 2020/21
Our new Gatsby resources are available in digital only versions, perfect for continuing careers guidance remotely. You can also buy our best-value print and digital pack which contains our new series of future careers posters as well as hassle-free digital lesson plans:
- Gatsby Subject Resources - 19 subjects - print and digital copies plus posters and lesson plans
- Gatsby Subject Guides - 19 subjects - digital copies
6. Parents' eBook
With support from our sponsor, JP Morgan, we have created a new eBook, especially for parents, linking curriculum learning to careers.
You may have seen the preview version of the guide last year. The full version is now available, containing case studies, new info on T-levels and guest articles on university, mental health, encouraging young women into engineering, the importance of a diverse workplace and more.
To get a copy:
- Parents - sign up to our parents' mailing list via this form.
- Careers advisors/teachers - sign up to our school/college staff mailing list via this form.
- Need a print copy? Click here to order now in our shop.
7. Tips and tools for careers staff
School/college careers advisors can still deliver careers support while students are at home:
Gatsby Benchmark 8: Schedule individual online calls
School closures are a great time to arrange one-to-one sessions with students to help you meet Gatsby Benchmark 8 (personal guidance).
Run an online drop-in session
You could run a careers drop-in session on Google Classroom or whatever platform your school/college uses for online learning.