This page is for you if you are a staff member who has access to the Success at School careers platform.
The careers platform allows you to view and upload student data. This page explains the data we collect, where we store it and why. It also outlines your responsibilities in uploading students’ data.
When you upload students to the careers platform:
- Students will be added to our mailing list so we can send them careers advice and relevant job opportunities
- We will set up Success at School accounts for the students you upload.
As well as their name and email address, we store the following kinds of data about students on the MailChimp database. This means we can target opportunities and careers advice and avoid sending students irrelevant information.
- Date of birth g. if a summer work experience is only aimed at students in Year 12.
- Background g. if a job is aimed at students who would be the first in their family to go to university.
- Gender g. if an opportunity is only aimed at girls.
- Locationg. if a university wants to encourage applications from students from the North East.
- Subject preferencesg. if an opportunity is aimed at students studying maths.
- Career preferencesg. if employers are targeting students with an interest in Engineering.
Success at School accounts
The data we collect for this purpose is stored on the Success at School servers.
We call a student account a “Careers Profile”. Students can personalise their Careers Profiles with information such as their grades, skills, and your favourite content on our site, and send you tailored content based on your responses to polls and competitions.
As a staff member, you can view this information to help you assist students with their career progression.
When you upload a student’s personal data, you must have appropriate consent. This means:
- You must have the student’s consent if they are aged 16 or over.
- You must have the consent of the student’s parent or guardian if they are aged under 16.
To give their consent, students or their parents/guardians must understand what data you are uploading, where it will be stored, and how it will be used. Please make sure students understand this and have consented to it before uploading their details.
When you upload students’ details, we ask you to check a box to confirm that you have obtained consent.
We take privacy very seriously and don't share personally identifiable data with anyone outside Success at School. All our data is stored securely. Please refer to our full T&Cs for further info.