Rail Sector and Hillcrest Girls School

Watch Topic

Online session between the Rail Sector and Hillcrest Girls School.

Discussion Topic: Women in Rail

Date: 8th Nov 2018 at 14.30

<< < 1 2 3 4 5 > >>
41 Princessfrancine243 5 years ago
Princessfrancine243

(Original post by Alima  5 years ago)
do you like your job?

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

42 15rcm 5 years ago
15rcm

why did you choose this as your job?

43 cwarring77 (Project Manager) 5 years ago
cwarring77

(Original post by 15phs  5 years ago)
how long did you study for

I studied for 4 years at university including an industrial placement year

44 Princessfrancine243 5 years ago
Princessfrancine243

(Original post by cristinagalvan  5 years ago)
A bit about myself… I studied Telecommunications Engineering in my native Spain before moving to England. I continued my studies in England completing an MSc in Computing Science. I joined a big telecoms company after that, and a couple of years later I joined Network Rail.
(Original post by tyanna  5 years ago)
did you move away from your friends and family? if so was it hard for you?

I WANNA RUN AWAYYY

45 ASSANX 5 years ago
ASSANX

how much do u get paid a month?

46 kiimberleyy 5 years ago
kiimberleyy

Do you have to do well on your GCSEs?

47 RDGIone (REGS coordinator) 5 years ago
RDGIone

Hello All, my name is Ione and I work for the Rail Delivery Group in London. Our organisation brings together the train operating companies such as Virgin Trains and West Midlands railway and Network Rail and HS2. My job at RDG is to run the engineering graduate scheme and I'll be happy to answer any questions

48 cwarring77 (Project Manager) 5 years ago
cwarring77

(Original post by Athletefaith  5 years ago)
what type of engineering do u do?

My degree is in mechanical engineering. Modern railway signalling uses mechanical, electronic, electrical and civil engineering as well as computer science

49 Princessfrancine243 5 years ago
Princessfrancine243

(Original post by jrichar3  5 years ago)
Hi, I'm Jennifer and work at HS2 as a Spatial Data Coordinator. My background is in Geography and Technology, I now use GIS to ensure that the new high speed railway and related infrastructure is built correctly and aligns along the route. I have previously worked for the British Transport Police, providing Officers with as much information as possible about the locations they were visiting to help keep the public and railway workers safe.

HOW LONG DID IT TAKE TO QUALIFY

50 Alima 5 years ago
Alima

do you like your job?
(Original post by Princessfrancine243  5 years ago)
HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

my guy

51 aminah_mukadan 5 years ago
aminah_mukadan

How many hours do you work a week?

52 Alima 5 years ago
Alima

would you ever want to change your job? if so, why?

53 Princessfrancine243 5 years ago
Princessfrancine243

do you like your job?
(Original post by Princessfrancine243  5 years ago)
my guy

yes fam

54 15phs 5 years ago
15phs

what do you like about your job

55 cristinagalvan (Senior Engineer (Control Command Signalling)) 5 years ago
cristinagalvan

A bit about myself… I studied Telecommunications Engineering in my native Spain before moving to England. I continued my studies in England completing an MSc in Computing Science. I joined a big telecoms company after that, and a couple of years later I joined Network Rail.

I originally came to England as part of my degree - I did my final year dissertation in England with an Erasmus scholarship - and I loved it so much I ended up staying.

56 Athletefaith 5 years ago
Athletefaith

what do you do in mechanical engineering?

57 cwarring77 (Project Manager) 5 years ago
cwarring77

(Original post by kash  5 years ago)
How do you feel like being a female in the industry?

I have been working in the rail industry for 16 years so I am very used to working in a male dominated environment. It has changed during that time though and it's great now to see more women at all levels in the industry. Sometimes being a woman can help as we can bring different experiences and a different approach to situations.

58 15phs 5 years ago
15phs

is your job ever boring

59 ASSANX 5 years ago
ASSANX

I originally came to England as part of my degree - I did my final year dissertation in England with an Erasmus scholarship - and I loved it so much I ended up staying.

how much do u get paid a month???

60 15rsb 5 years ago
15rsb

what do you like about your job?

<< < 1 2 3 4 5 > >>

Sign up to receive careers advice and info about apprenticeships & school leaver jobs.