Work experience

Watch Topic

hi I am looking for work experience in law and I do think this will be the perfect company to do my work experience in.

1 Hayat.Omer (Diversity and Inclusivity Assistant) 6 years ago
Hayat.Omer

Hi Grace

Thank you for getting in touch.

For students not yet at university, annually we run a work experience programme for year 12 students. This programme gives you a true experience of working as a lawyer in the legal sector. This comprises of two weeks of work experience, one week with us here at Berwin Leighton Paisner, a top international law firm, gaining first-hand insights into life as a lawyer advising clients. The week will comprise of work shadowing and various skills sessions. The second week of work experience takes place with some of our key clients and provides participants with an understanding of life as a lawyer working at a client in an in-house legal team. This scheme will provide individuals with experience and skills that really bolster CVs, and act as a valuable talking point for university and job interviews. The program takes place in the summer holidays.

Applications for this year’s programme have now closed, and they will reopen in the autumn for next year’s intake.

Outside of the above programme, I am afraid we do not offer any other work experience opportunities for students at schools or colleges. However, we do offer plenty of opportunities for students at university. If you are considering going to university, I would encourage you to visit our graduate recruitment website to understand a bit more about what opportunities are available to you once you are at university (we run work experience programmes, open days etc.). If you are on Twitter I would also suggest that you follow our graduate account. You will get insights into what it is like to be a trainee at BLP, the opportunities that we have on offer and general advice and guidance about pursuing a career in law. We also advertise any one-off/one day events on our graduate twitter page, which are usually open to all university students to attend.

Kind regards
Hayat

Sign up to receive careers advice and info about apprenticeships & school leaver jobs.