Careers in North East

Watch Topic

What opportunities are there in the north east of England for a career in the rail industry?  Our school is 20 miles north of Newcastle.

1 lgamewell (HR Resourcing Manager) 7 years ago
lgamewell

Hi Sally
Are you a Student or a Careers Advisor?
I work for TransPennine Express, we have a depot in Newcastle, where quite a few of our Train Crew and Managers are based. I'd be more than happy to talk with you, either over the phone or via email, to discuss what we have to offer? I work Wednesday and Thursday and you can call me on 0161 886 4646. Hopefully speak to you soon. Laura

2 NREarlyCareers (Talent Acquisition Advisor) 7 years ago
NREarlyCareers

Hello Sally,

We have advanced engineering apprenticeships available at Network Rail at depots in and around Newcastle. You can check our website for more details. We are currently open for applications for our March 2018 intake.
[link removed]

Regards,
Network Rail

3 SallyM (Chaplain) 7 years ago
SallyM

(Original post by lgamewell  7 years ago)
Hi Sally Are you a Student or a Careers Advisor? I work for TransPennine Express, we have a depot in Newcastle, where quite a few of our Train Crew and Managers are based. I'd be more than happy to talk with you, either over the phone or via email, to discuss what we have to offer? I work Wednesday and Thursday and you can call me on 0161 886 4646. Hopefully speak to you soon. Laura

Thanks for the reply, I work with Mark Fox at Northumberland Church of England Academy in Ashington. I can perhaps work with Mark and arrange a visit for our Rail Club.

4 SallyM (Chaplain) 7 years ago
SallyM

(Original post by NREarlyCareers  7 years ago)
Hello Sally, We have advanced engineering apprenticeships available at Network Rail at depots in and around Newcastle. You can check our website for more details. We are currently open for applications for our March 2018 intake. [link removed] Regards, Network Rail

Thanks for the reply about advanced engineering apprenticeships I will have a look at website and share with students. So many fantastic opportunities in rail.

Sign up to receive careers advice and info about apprenticeships & school leaver jobs.