Law Work Experience

Watch Topic

I am a work experience coordinator helping to locate relevant work placement for Year 12 students.  Can you advise me to whom I should direct them?

Thank you

Mrs Kellie Smith  

1 Hayat.Omer (Diversity and Inclusivity Assistant) 7 years ago
Hayat.Omer

Hi Kellie

Annually we run a work experience programme for year 12 students. This programme gives you a true experience of working as a lawyer in the legal sector. This comprises of two weeks of work experience, one week with us here at Berwin Leighton Paisner, a top international law firm, gaining first-hand insights into life as a lawyer advising clients. The week will comprise of work shadowing and various skills sessions. The second week of work experience takes place with some of our key clients and provides participants with an understanding of life as a lawyer working at a client in an in-house legal team. This scheme will provide individuals with experience and skills that really bolster CVs, and act as a valuable talking point for university and job interviews.

Next year the first week of this programme takes place from 23 to 27 July 2018, consisting of a week at BLP’s offices, gaining a real insight into what lawyers do on a daily basis via work shadowing as well as information on the different routes in to the profession and a number of skills sessions to help prepare you for the world of work. Week two, from 30 July to 3 August 2018, consists of a week visiting a different organisation each day in a variety of sectors – including sports. Applications for the programme open the Autumn before the programme is due to run. Full details and where to apply can be found here on our website [link removed]

If you have any other questions please email me at [email removed]

Kind regards
Hayat

2 mitesh 7 years ago
mitesh

The email address you need in the above is inclusivity@blplaw.com

Sign up to receive careers advice and info about apprenticeships & school leaver jobs.