Degree Apprenticeship options

Watch Topic

Which employers are likely to be offering Degree Apprenticeships and when are they likely to become available?

1 feest (Head of Strategic Partnerships) 7 years ago
feest

Digital degree apprenticeships are already available, see [link removed]

2 RosLucas (Education/Careers Consultant) 7 years ago
RosLucas

If the link is removed I am unable to pass these on. Is it because the time has run out to apply?

3 RosLucas (Education/Careers Consultant) 7 years ago
RosLucas

It would be really good to be kept updated as more come on stream.

4 feest (Head of Strategic Partnerships) 7 years ago
feest

(Original post by RosLucas  7 years ago)
If the link is removed I am unable to pass these on. Is it because the time has run out to apply?

Hello,
The link simply describes the Digital degree apprenticeships available, the Universities and the employers already signed up, so is useful information and not out of date, I assume the moderator has removed the link for some reason?

5 BethRoseM (Client Services Manager) 7 years ago
BethRoseM

Hi Ros. Nestlé offer a few different Degree Apprenticeships - on the Commercial and Technical sides of the business. Unfortunately all our applications for 2017 entry are now closed, however we anticipate we will be opening applications for 2018 start in Autumn 2017. You can find more info about our programmes on the Nestlé Academy website - [link removed] (if the link doesn't work - if you write Nestlé Academy into your search engine, our website should come up!). Hope that helps!

6 feest (Head of Strategic Partnerships) 7 years ago
feest

I cannot post links unfortunately, so if you search for 'Tech Partnership' on the web and look under the Apprenticeship section, you will find all the information there, and it is constantly updated as more employers take on Digital Apprenticeships, with a wide range of Universities on board since Sept 2017, hope that helps,

7 RosLucas (Education/Careers Consultant) 7 years ago
RosLucas

Thanks so much for that as I do ask students to go on to relevant employer sites to look for apprenticeships and am presently at a CEntral CAreers Hub meeting where others in the audience were asking where to find such Apprenticeships, as sometimes students can get so far on their own but sometimes find text to dense to sift and not really sure what to look for? IBM, Laning O'Rourke, TfL and EY agreed it was something they would look at.

Perhaps tech companies such asyours and JustIT, would be able to find ways of getting such information out to Careers organisation direct so that they can let us know.

This is particularly important for Level 2 students, who slthough adept at social media and gaming, find it difficult to find their way through lots of text. I do make up my own and obtain some lists and send across to schools so that they are able to add to their Careers web page and/or direct to those students listed as interested or through relevant subject departments.

8 mitesh 7 years ago
mitesh

RosLucas - have you seen our infographic? https://successatschool.org/advicedetails/658/Degree-apprenticeships:-Everything-you-need-to-know-in-under-2-minutes-INFOGRAPHIC

We are trying to work with employers to get all the great info "under one roof", one of the reason we started the #AskAnEmployer forum :)

9 amurphy2 (​Senior Future Talent Acquisition Consultant) 7 years ago

Hi,

Engineering and Finance Degree Apprenticeships are available at Jaguar Land Rover. We will be open for applications early October. Applicants can apply by following the link below:

http://www.jaguarlandrovercareers.com/jlr-roles/future-talent/apprentices/

10 RosLucas (Education/Careers Consultant) 7 years ago
RosLucas

thanks for that info and I will be able to forward that to my list of teachers of relevant subjects and careers. In which area of the
country will these be based or are applications taken from across the UK? Also, is anything done to support re-location if required and do you know which university/college is involved with degree study?

At a recent conference, the problem of bullying, intimidation and outdated pranks was thought to be one reason the gender balance might not be as even as it could. On this point, I actually have had three reports in the last year of youngsters leaving their apprenticeship with car manufacturers, not LRJ, because of such instances, by older supervisors, and no one was able to do anything about it!

Sign up to receive careers advice and info about apprenticeships & school leaver jobs.