Rail Sector and ENLUTC

Watch Topic

Online session between the Rail Sector and Engineering UTC Northern Lincolnshire

Discussion Topic: Rail Engineering & Technology, Apprenticeships

Date: 8th Nov 2018 at 11.55

<< < 1 2
21 000078 5 years ago

WHY do the links keep getting removed?

22 RDGIone (REGS coordinator) 5 years ago
RDGIone

(Original post by RDGIone  5 years ago)
Hello, my name is Ione and I work for the Rail Delivery Group, an organisation that brings together the train operating companies. Network Rail and HS2. I will be happy to answer any questions you have.
(Original post by 000217  5 years ago)
Hi its oliver, Do you offer any degree level apprenticeships?

Hi, I am not aware of any degree apprenticeships being offered at the moment by our members. Although many are looking into the possibility now that new standards such as the Level 6 and 7 rail and rail systems engineering have been approved,

23 cboden (Business Engagement Leader) 5 years ago
cboden

Hi,

Please can you let us know how the development of HS2 will help to create jobs in the rail industry in this region? We are based near the National College for High Speed Rail in Doncaster.

Thanks!

24 RDGIone (REGS coordinator) 5 years ago
RDGIone

(Original post by Ryanpoole1  5 years ago)
where are you based

Ryan, there are rail companies all over the country. Network Rail operate country wide and train operating companies cover specific areas. What area are you interested in?

25 000078 5 years ago

why are the links being removed?

26 e.barnaby@humberutc.co.uk 5 years ago
e.barnaby@humberutc.co.uk

what do u we need

27 amyellis (Campaigns Advisor) 5 years ago
amyellis

(Original post by amyellis  5 years ago)
Afternoon, my name is Amy Ellis and I work for Network Rail within HR; looking at the apprenticeship schemes. I look forward to talking to you
(Original post by 000217  5 years ago)
Hi, do you offer any Degree level Apprenticeships?

Following completion of the apprenticeship scheme you'd gain:
After year 1 - NVQ2 in Performing Engineering Operations
Level 3 Engineering Award
Institute of Leadership Management (ILM) Level 2

On completing the scheme:
NVQ3 in Railway Engineering
ILM Level 3 in First Line Management

28 Ryanpoole1 5 years ago
Ryanpoole1

where are you based
Ryan, there are rail companies all over the country. Network Rail operate country wide and train operating companies cover specific areas. What area are you interested in?

scunthorpe

29 amyellis (Campaigns Advisor) 5 years ago
amyellis

where are you based

I'm based in Milton Keynes but our apprenticeship schemes are recruited for Nationally - opportunities all over the country

30 000039 5 years ago

Hello, would there ever be opportunities for work experience? Or is it simply for apprenticeships?

31 amyellis (Campaigns Advisor) 5 years ago
amyellis

(Original post by 000078  5 years ago)
WHY do the links keep getting removed?

No idea - but please visit the website. It's all very clear on there :)

32 amyellis (Campaigns Advisor) 5 years ago
amyellis

Hi all,

For everyone:

Following completion of the apprenticeship scheme you'd gain:
After year 1 - NVQ2 in Performing Engineering Operations
Level 3 Engineering Award
Institute of Leadership Management (ILM) Level 2

On completing the scheme:
NVQ3 in Railway Engineering
ILM Level 3 in First Line Management

33 RDGIone (REGS coordinator) 5 years ago
RDGIone

where are you based
scunthorpe

Network Rail operates in the area and if you are willing to travel a bit, Northern has depots in Leeds and offices in York for example. Then you have companies like Wabtec in Doncaster, they overhaul trains.

34 amyellis (Campaigns Advisor) 5 years ago
amyellis

(Original post by 000039  5 years ago)
Hello, would there ever be opportunities for work experience? Or is it simply for apprenticeships?

We do offer some work experience opportunities. You'd need to contact a depot local to you to enquire with them about if they are taking on work experience etc.

It can be tricky with the line of work we do. Safety in our industry is paramount and so it can be difficult to facilitate work experience opportunities without the extensive track side safety training.

It can happen though so please do enquire at a local depot level

35 RDGIone (REGS coordinator) 5 years ago
RDGIone

(Original post by 000039  5 years ago)

Although I am conscious that we are far from you, we do offer work experience at the Rail Delivery Group in [link removed] train operating companies are also open to hosting students so it would be worth contacting those operating in your area

36 RDGIone (REGS coordinator) 5 years ago
RDGIone

(Original post by cboden  5 years ago)
Hi, Please can you let us know how the development of HS2 will help to create jobs in the rail industry in this region? We are based near the National College for High Speed Rail in Doncaster. Thanks!

According to HS2" it will create 30,000 jobs
That's just building it. 3,000 more will run it. 70% of jobs will be outside London and at least 2,000 new apprenticeships will be created"

<< < 1 2

Sign up to receive careers advice and info about apprenticeships & school leaver jobs.