The Robots Are Coming

Watch Topic

I've read reports recently that some careers in the future may be taken by robots, is this an area that you are looking into; the impact of  automation in the job market? As a career adviser it would be useful to know of any careers that you think may become obsolete or where there will be an impact on the salaries that people can achieve.

Thank you, Marion

1 mitesh 7 years ago
mitesh

i think this is a great question, particularly as there have huge advances in this area. Nestle who are joining us soon, use a lot of advanced robotics in manufacturing chocolate, so I'm sure they will have answer to this one. Some of the accountancy firms are developing tech, that allows them to automate "easy" book-keeping too.

2 EYApprenticeships (Employer Brand and Attraction Schools Advisor) 7 years ago
EYApprenticeships

Hi Marion, great question! It's definitely something that is on our radar at the moment and we have recently developed a Future Skills campaign which addresses the skills we see are needed for roles within the workplace in the future. To find out more- please click here: [link removed]

We're also looking to develop a workshop in the coming months focussing on the skills required for the future, so please keep looking at our website in the coming months for more information.

3 CCSkills (Head of Communications) 7 years ago
CCSkills

Hi Marion. Regarding the creative industries,, this was addressed at our National Conference a few years ago by Hasan Bakhshi, a speaker from NESTA. The full paper is here [link removed] but the summary was that careers in the creative sector are more future-proofed against automation.

4 grantthornton (Senior Resourcing Adviser) 7 years ago
grantthornton

This is a great question and something of debate internally and with our clients. Our website: [link removed] which offers UK clients we work with insights into the intelligence they might need to future plan recently posted a article on this which explains job roles will look different to today but robots won't be replacing the need for many roles: [link removed]

Sign up to receive careers advice and info about apprenticeships & school leaver jobs.