Opportunites

Watch Topic

Hi, 

I am Nilogy and I am currently in year 13 studying Mathematics, Further Mathematics, and Chemistry. I am planning to pursue a degree in Aerospace Engineering, however, I would like to take a gap year and experience a year in Engineering Industry. So, I would like to ask, whether any companies provide work experience or gap year opportunities for a year. 

Thank you 

1 Tomorrows_Engineers (Head of Careers) 6 years ago
Tomorrows_Engineers

Hi Nilogy,

Here are some links that should help with your question about finding a suitable engineering 'year in industry' placement. Incidentally, many engineering degree courses incorporate a year in industry as part of the course (usually in the second or third year). Search courses at [link removed]

[link removed]
[link removed]
[link removed]
[link removed]
[link removed]

All the best with your studies and your future career.

The team at Tomorrow's Engineers

2 Tomorrows_Engineers (Head of Careers) 6 years ago
Tomorrows_Engineers

Hi Nilogy,

I can see that the links I posted have been removed, so if you would like to email me at: [email removed] I will be able to send these to you directly.

For any other students wanting to find out about year in industry engineering placements, take a look at the Engineering Development Trust's 'Year in Industry' scheme and their 'Headstart' course and have a look at the opportunities available on the NotGoingToUni [link removed] could also consider applying to do a Degree Apprenticeship, or a degree that includes a year in industry. You can search for these on the UCAS website.

Best wishes,

The team at Tomorrow's Enigneers

3 mitesh 6 years ago
mitesh

Hi Nilogy - please see links form the above post thanks

www.theiet.org/students/work-careers/gap-year/engineering-focused.cfm
www.etrust.org.uk/the-year-in-industry
www.careersinaerospace.com
www.tomorrowsengineers.org.uk

Sign up to receive careers advice and info about apprenticeships & school leaver jobs.