Careers in the railway

Watch Topic

To whom it may concern

My name is Paul Harding, I am 18 years old. I live in Lancashire and attend a school/ college on the Wirral. I already have a B in English Language, English Literature and Maths. I am currently studying further GCSE's in Science, History, Computer Science, Media Studies and Drama. I am on the autistic spectrum, even though I have some challenges, I believe this type of industry would be suitable for myself as I am passionate about the rail network and have developed a varied knowledge of the current and future development of the network. 

I am currently interested in looking down the career paths of signal controller and route engineer.

My questions are:-

What qualifications would be necessary for these jobs?

What opportunities are there for entering the railway industry? For example work experience or events. in the area of Merseyside and West Lancashire.

What types of jobs and career prospects is their if I went down the signal controller or route engineer?

Is their any careers that focus on timetabling, planning and operations and railway performance. 

Kind Regards

Paul Harding

Sign up to receive careers advice and info about apprenticeships & school leaver jobs.