Work Experience

Watch Topic

Work experience is a fantastic opportunity for students. Currently there are still many schools who place a value on this and will allow students time during the school year. How can schools encourage more employers to engage in pre-16 block work placements to keep placements varied and accessible?

1 laurensalter (Long Term Talent Senior Consultant & Apprenticeships Manager) 7 years ago
laurensalter

Hi Helen, M&G work with Speakers4Schools to provide work experience opportunity to disadvantaged schools and students. Schools are able to sign up to this charity to facilitate the work experience organisation. I'd recommend using charities like S4S and The Brokerage as employers are more likely to offer work experience to those from disadvantaged backgrounds.
This is because work experience is not a requirement for many employers at Apprenticeship or Graduate level.

I hope this helps - Lauren
[Link removed]
[email removed]

2 helenscully (Careers Co-ordinator) 7 years ago
helenscully

Thanks for the information about S4S & The Brokerage. I have registered an interest with S4S as they are hoping to expand into parts of the country outside of London. I think the Brokerage are focused solely in London (we are in Cambridge).

3 QE (Sixth Form & Careers) 7 years ago
QE

(Original post by laurensalter  7 years ago)
Hi Helen, M&G work with Speakers4Schools to provide work experience opportunity to disadvantaged schools and students. Schools are able to sign up to this charity to facilitate the work experience organisation. I'd recommend using charities like S4S and The Brokerage as employers are more likely to offer work experience to those from disadvantaged backgrounds. This is because work experience is not a requirement for many employers at Apprenticeship or Graduate level. I hope this helps - Lauren [Link removed] [email removed]

Thanks Lauren this is helpful. Helen

Sign up to receive careers advice and info about apprenticeships & school leaver jobs.