The ACCA qualification gives you the knowledge, tools and control to become a successful finance professional, as well as the exciting chance to work in any industry anywhere in the world. With flexible study options, including the chance to continue studying with a degree or masters.
With ACCA you can become an expert in finance and fast forward your career in business.
What makes us different?
- we are recognised in 181 countries - so you can work and travel around the world
- you can specialise in whatever you want, from audit to management accounting
- earn good money - once you are fully qualified you can expect a salary from £35,000 - £120,000
- we offer study support and flexible study options to suit you
- our qualification helps you realise your ambition and opens up new opportunities
Why choose Accountancy?
- accountancy professionals are in huge demand around the world
- it is broad, and has a diverse range of roles - every organisation needs a good accountant behind it to succeed
- you have great career progression opportunities - you can work your way up to board level or even become your own boss
- it offers a rewarding profession - senior roles mean high salaries and benefits packages
Read about our students and members success stories here.
Find your pathway to success
We offer a range of pathways into membership so you can choose the one that suits you, explore the other tabs for more detail into graduate and school leaver pathways into your finance and accounting career.
Go further with ACCA. Register now and start your journey.
Stay connected with us
Sources: Pay and Progress data via Hays UK Salary & Recruiting Trends 2017, London, £ Typical Salaries
Going to university isn't the only way to become a successful finance and accounting professional. What if we told you there are alternative routes that are debt-free and faster than the traditional routes? Well there are.
Our Level 4 Accounting Technician Apprenticeship is the perfect way to kick-start your finance and accounting career way ahead of your university peers, as well as the chance to build on skills and knowledge you need in the fast-changing business world.
Read more about apprenticeship vs university here.
What you need to know about the ACCA Apprenticeship:
- it includes a Diploma in Accounting and Business
- you earn, learn and qualify at the same time - you could earn a salary of up to £15,000, depending on the role and industry
- it takes a minimum of 12 months to complete
- you get ongoing work experience and mentoring
- you take just three exams when you and your employer are ready
If you change your mind and decide you want to continue studying, with our Level 4 Accounting Technician Apprenticeship you have the option to continue studying and embed a degree in Applied Accounting or MSC in Professional Accounting.
Interested in becoming an apprentice? Start your journey today with ACCA.
If you are a school leaver and are hoping to pursue a career in finance and accounting, ACCA provides qualifications designed to help you develop the skills and knowledge needed to do that, regardless of the entry point you choose to start at with us.
Options for school leavers:
An exciting online learning programme with a range of different courses.
- Choose the entry point level that suits you.
- Free and affordable courses to prepare you for work and exams.
- Flexible learning to suit your lifestyle - available on-demand, anytime, anywhere.
The perfect starting point for anyone who doesn't have the minimum entry requirements to start the ACCA qualification. Completion of the foundation level qualification leads to Diploma in Accounting and Business and is a stepping stone to becoming a fully certified chartered accountant.
For more information on our school leaver routes click here.
At ACCA we want to support you with different opportunities to help you get to your chosen finance career. Our qualification provides you with the chance for career development and personal growth through.
We also offer exemptions to those who have studied relevant subjects before starting the ACCA qualification - meaning you might not have to take all the exams, and may start at a higher level.
Your route to become professional accountant with ACCA
We provide more paths to success than anyone else. Start at the right level for you and begin your ACCA journey today!
Start here if you are a graduate with a relevant ACCA-accredited accounting and finance degree. You may still need to take a fundamentals paper, depending on your exemptions.
Start here if you have a university degree that is not accounting and finance, or if you are a school leaver with a minimum of 2 A-levels and 3 GCSEs. Please note, you may still be eligible for exemptions.
Start here if you have no relevant qualifications.
ACCA member Kirsty Meldrum says:
"The opportunity to work with intelligent, hard-working people in a dynamic industry cannot be underestimated"
Read more ACCA stories from students and members.