The Client Innovation Centre (CIC) is an innovative and exciting part of IBM. A fast-paced and dynamic business built to deliver high-value technical services to world renowned clients. All of our employees work in a consultancy environment on a variety of exciting projects across a range of sectors. Every project has its own unique working environment – this enables our employees to build their experience, skillset and network. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems?
The IBM Client Innovation Centre in the UK (IBM CIC UK) partners with De Montfort University Leicester (DMU) to offer the Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Integrated Degree Apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship takes talented school leavers from diverse backgrounds and provides key skills and technical knowledge to transform you into experienced IT professionals. By integrating on the job practical training with academic learning, you will get an increased understanding of our unique business needs.
The apprenticeship degree programme is aligned to the Level 6 apprenticeship which will provide you with a core set of skills and allow you to focus on the Software Engineer Specialism.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- You will undertake a range of assessments at the end of your academic modules. You will also create a portfolio which will capture the knowledge and skills you will develop throughout the programme and in the workplace.
- You will also complete a final year work-based project which will bring together your accumulated knowledge. The portfolio and project will contribute towards your End Point Assessment for the apprentice standard.
- You will Design, build and test high quality software solutions to meet business need
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3 Bs or above in STEM subject or equivalent in BTEC
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written) with the ability to work in a team as well as communicate with employees at all levels
- A keen problem solver with focus on attention to detail
- Pro-active ownership of own workload and ability to work with little supervision
- The ability to work flexible and adapt in a fast-paced professional work environment
- The aptitude to rapidly acquire new skills with the drive and enthusiasm to learn