Our Tech & Data teams focus on what’s behind the millions of daily transactions on London’s transport network. We use technology to improve the journeys of our customers, maximise the efficiency of our network and to extract insight from our data to enable us to make key business decisions.
We never stop looking for ways to improve the service we deliver to our customers. Whether that's giving our frontline staff the tools and technology they need to give live travel information or making the transport network more accessible to all. Every journey really does matter.
One of our organisation's six priorities is exploiting technology to produce better and faster results. Technology and Data (T&D) will consistently provide cost effective, reliable, secure and innovative technology and data services.
How long: 2 years
What you’ll need:
- 5 GCSE’s A*-C/ grade 4 or above (or equivalent) including Maths and English language.
- To be 18 years old by 1 September 2019
We’re looking for people who are:
- Thriving in a team
- Have inquisitive mind
- Have analytical and logical mind to problem solving
In this role you’ll work on a variety of exciting projects including:
- Supporting applications and End User Computing devices
- Delivering and testing infrastructure technologies. Identifying and delivering potential areas of improvement to technology or process
- Gaining an understanding of managing physical servers, especially blade enclosures using remote management method
What will I be doing?
You’ll enjoy 6 or more placement rotations. There is flexibility for apprentices to tailor their scheme to their interests ensuring placements are taken within the End User Computing and Networks and Hosting teams.
We are aware that some apprentices start with, or develop during their placements, an interest to a technology area and we want to ensure you get the most from your apprenticeship with TfL.
Where can this career take me?
Upon successful completion of this scheme, you could roll-off into Application Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, Service Analyst which could lead to further career development opportunities such as Senior Engineer roles.