Business Administration Apprentice
Work type: Apprenticeships, Full Time
The M&G Apprenticeship Scheme
Have you finished or finishing your A Levels and started looking for your first real permanent job? M&G Investments is looking for a school leaver to join its Apprenticeship scheme working within its Business Writing team, focussing on Consultant Databases, which clients use to compare different fund managers against each other and are an important part of the sales process.
Throughout the 12-18 month apprenticeship you will work towards the Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship. This opportunity will enable you to develop a wide range of skills and competencies by exploring the way the M&G business is run and by interacting with people across the business at all levels.
Our programme is designed to help people without degrees start their careers within a leading investment management company, straight after sixth form or college and is not a graduate programme. It provides an opportunity to receive on the job training and earn a competitive salary. The Apprenticeships that we offer are permanent roles; however you must achieve your objectives and complete your qualification during the 12-18 month programme to roll off permanently into the team.
M&G Global RFP Team
The Global RFP Team at M&G is looking for an Apprentice to join it and focus on building out the Consultant Databases. The primary purpose of the role will be to ensure that the Consultant Databases the team uses are as accurately and efficiently populated as possible. This role will also involve streamlining the Consultant Database process, as well as working on ad hoc competitive and market research projects, providing support to the team’s Database Strategist, who currently has sole responsibility for this area. The scheme will give successful candidates a very hand on and practical introduction to Consultant Database strategy its growing importance within M&G, while providing early exposure to a range of challenging business experiences.
The role is split between satisfying ad-hoc requests and the following regular tasks:
- Maintain and improve M&G’s global Consultant Database presence, including number of databases, strategy information and researching new markets for us to include our funds in.
- Work with the external data provider to ensure smooth processes and efficient upload of M&G’s fund information.
- Working with M&G’s internal investment teams to ensure M&G puts our best foot forward on the databases.
- Work with the Database Strategist on market research projects, as well as more in-depth projects on specific M&G funds.
- Support wider Global RFP team in projects
It is expected that the successful candidate will display the following qualities;
- Achieved or predicted a minimum of 96 UCAS points, or equivalent
- English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above
- Keen to start a career in a financial services environment
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven to succeed, with demonstrable initiative
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- An approachable, positive “can do” attitude
- A numerate, logical and analytical approach
- Proactive in learning new skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel with willingness to develop these skills further
- Willingness to take part in further qualifications post Apprenticeship
Who can apply?
To join us you will need to have achieved or be predicted 96 UCAS points; demonstrate the drive and motivation to achieve in a challenging role.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.