Trainee - 12 month Fixed Term Contract
BNP Paribas is proud to be part of the Investment20/20 Trainee Scheme and to offer opportunities within Securities Services.
BNP Paribas Securities Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group, is a leading global custodian and securities services provider backed by the strength of a universal bank. It provides integrated solutions to all participants in the investment cycle including the buy-side, sell-side, corporates and issuers.
Joining us as a trainee means you will become part of one of the strongest banks in the world with one of the largest international networks. We strive to recruit and develop the best people at all levels, and are offering a one year placement within our Securities Services business to those seeking to enter the financial services sector.
The programme offers an excellent opportunity to gain hand's on experience and will give you the chance to experience a full-time role in one of our business lines or functional areas. From the outset, you will be contributing to the output of your team, taking responsibility and working with leading professionals. The programme operates on a 6 month rotational basis where you will then have the opportunity to experience working in another part of Securities Services.
We have an opportunity for a trainee to join our UK Lean Six Sigma (ACE) team within our Project Management Office. The ACE team is responsible for the identification, management, and implementation of transversal business process optimisation and service improvement initiatives in the UK BNP Paribas Securities Services using the Lean Six Sigma methodology. The team also provides extensive training and coaching to the business managers in the Lean Six Sigma tools to support the BNP Paribas Securities Services continuous improvement efforts.
The UK ACE team has a very busy project and training pipeline in 2018 mandated by the various business lines strategies. In order to deliver on that pipeline, the trainee will support with organising and assisting in project workshops and training sessions, base level data analysis, documentation and analysis of process flows, support with updating the training materials, arranging and analysing voice of the customer surveys and other administrative and analytics support.
The trainee will be initially assigned some basic tasks to help the ACE team cope with the volume of analyses, the assignments will gradually increase in complexity by allowing the trainee to manage smaller independent pieces of work and mini-projects from start to finish or analysing process capability data or deeper dive analysis of email management with some guidance by the ACE Master Black Belts in the team.
The trainee can expect to learn basic project management & Lean Six Sigma skills and develop analytical skills and process thinking in general i.e. learn how the processes work and how their output directly impacts the quality and cost of the services provided by the company. They will improve their organisational and multitasking skills and learn about the business through participation in project and training sessions. During this placement the trainee will develop a good network and rapport with business stakeholders. This includes building relationships with other departments and areas and exposure to senior management as part of the ACE project work which will help the trainee plan their next career move.
Main duties will include:
- Provide logistics support, organising and assisting in project workshops and training sessions - this will include support in the preparation for workshops with materials, room set up, meeting invites as well assistance with recording of outputs during workshops e.g. the sources of waste & variation and their root causes, process flow maps, action plans, stake holders’ feedback.
- Basic level process data analysis - this will include support in the analysis of data using Pareto diagrams, Pivot charts, waterfalls, Run charts and Histograms, and preparation of data for process capability analysis
- Provide support with documentation write up and analysis post workshops and training sessions - this will include assistance in the documentation and analysis of outputs from workshops like Affinity diagrams, Process mapping, 5 Whys, Fishbone diagrams, Impact-Feasibility matrixes, feedback scores
- Update the training materials and maintain the ACE Business Place Community - this will include the refresh and edit of training materials to align with the uplifting service standards and reflect feedback for improvement accumulated from the sessions earlier in the year as well as current lean six sigma literature. It will also, and more crucially, allow for developing skills with social media by maintaining the ACE Business Place Community, updating content and news items as well as developing the creative side of keeping the Community active and engaging
- Arrange and analyse voice of the customer surveys
- Develop independent planning and facilitator skills under light supervision by leading small ACE Labs or other smaller pieces of work like identification of candidate processes for robotic process automation, time stamping exercises, etc
- Provide PMO support to London and Scotland inputs to ACE Steering Committee packs and other management reports as well provide support to ad-hoc events as required
We are looking for individuals who demonstrate a strong desire to learn and embrace a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Strong MS Office skills, including Excel at pivot tables level & PowerPoint are essential. You must have good communication and organisation skills, be proactive and have the ability to work well under pressure. Good analytical skills with strong attention to detail are also essential, as is being a team player.
Self-motivation, being a quick learner and the ability to produce high quality work are all key to being successful in this role.
Applications will be reviewed and short listed candidates will be contacted for a telephone interview initially. The formal interviews will take place in late August/early September with an anticipated start date in September 2018.
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Securities Services Trainee Scheme
Further information about Investment20/20 can be found at www.investment2020.co.uk