A number of exciting opportunities have arisen within this progressive and highly established international law firm, enabling you to gain an industry wide recognised qualification, valuable work experience and a salary at the same time.
The purpose of this role is to support Paralegals and Lawyers with transactional work on a wide range of legal matters, which will include commercial property, corporate, commercial and litigation.
What’s in it for you:
This role provides a great opportunity to start your career in law whilst in a parallel obtaining a recognised qualification. You will be exposed to top-quality legal matters, developing both your legal knowledge and commercial awareness.
- Support Paralegals and Lawyers with legal tasks, matters and transactions
- Open files, review documents and produce reports for clients
- Prepare and process legal correspondence and documents
- Complete post-completion documentation, draft contracts and create Schedules of Leases
- Prepare Engrossments and other property-related documents
- Complete document reviews for different practice areas
- Ensure that all matter correspondence is correctly filed using case management and other filing systems
- Contribute proactively to the development of processes, continuous improvement activities and the growth of the Manchester office
- Work on ad-hoc projects as per business requirements
- The appointed Legal Apprentices will work closely with:
- Supervisory Lawyers
- Real Estate Lawyers
- Paralegals / Senior Paralegal
- HR / Apprenticeship Co-ordinator
- Apprenticeship Training Provider
Progression to a Paralegal role or other suitable roles. You’ll be here to shape your career, as well as gain on-the-job experience.
As a Legal Apprentice with BPP Apprenticeships, you will complete the Paralegal apprenticeship at Level 3. Additional learning within the apprenticeship will enable you to be awarded a Level 4 Certificate of Higher Education in Legal Services which can afford you exemptions from the first year of the Level 7 Solicitor Apprenticeship (providing Contract Law was chosen as the elective module). Your apprenticeship shall be delivered by a blend of online and face-to-face training from BPP University Law School and on-the-job learning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good organisational skills, attention to detail and prioritisation skills
- Enthusiastic, committed and proactive
- Understands the importance of confidentiality and diversity
- Strong ’can-do’ attitude
3 A Levels grades A*-C and 5 GCSEs A*-C including Maths and English and or equivalent qualifications.
Please make sure that you have uploaded a copy of your CV to the ‘Documentation’ section of your profile. Within your CV, please give a full breakdown of all your achieved and/ or predicted qualifications (incl. subjects and grades).