The GSK Project Planning Higher Apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to play a key role in planning and delivering a wide range of projects in support of our business strategy.
The successful planning and execution of projects is a critical part of helping our business to grow and meet our customers’ needs. As a Project Planning apprentice, you will gain a strong understanding of the skills and knowledge involved in planning and executing high quality projects.
What does the GSK Project Planning Higher Apprenticeship involve?
You will be part of a team which is responsible for launching new pharmaceutical products across the world. You will develop a rounded knowledge base to support all aspects of project planning.
Day to day activities can include:
- Using a mix of industry standard and GSK specific software, tools and processes to ensure projects are planned efficiently and safely
- Engaging with a wide range of people across the business
- Learning about how pharmaceutical products are made
- Developing and maintaining project plans
- Tracking project delivery against milestones and resource reporting
- Collating timesheets and charging time accordingly to projects
- Spend tracking and reporting
- Collating and reporting metrics for the site
Key to these activities are the use of programmes such as Excel, MS Access and other Microsoft Office applications.
What does this apprenticeship offer me?
The GSK Project Planning Higher Apprenticeship is a three-year programme based at our Barnard Castle manufacturing site. You will study towards a Level 4 qualification.
The qualification includes a mix of examinations and competency based coursework. For this you will be supported by a qualified assessor from the training provider, and you will attend workshops and webinars to build the skills and knowledge you will need throughout your apprenticeship, as well as your future career
During the GSK Project Planning Higher Apprenticeship you will gain knowledge, skills and experience of all stages of project management including project scope & planning, risk & cost management and project implementation.
What qualifications do I need to apply?
We’re looking for a Project Planning apprentice who is a logical thinker with an enquiring mind and looking to work as part of a team.
To be eligible for the GSK Project Planning Higher Apprenticeship programme, you:
- Will need a minimum of five GCSEs or equivalent at grade C or above including English language (not literature) and maths
- Must have or be predicted 96 UCAS points from your top 3 A Levels (not including General studies)
Where would I be based?
This apprenticeship is based in our Barnard Castle site.
What our apprentices say about the Project Planning apprenticeship...
“I’ve found GSK a great place to learn and work. It’s a really positive culture to make your first steps within the business.
“There are many people to look up to within the organisation that have been through a similar learning curve, and everyone is happy to support you and help you to get the most out of your time as a GSK apprentice. “
When does the apprenticeship start?
Our Apprenticeships start in September 2018.