The M&G Apprenticeship Scheme
Have you finished your A Levels and started looking for your first real permanent job? M&G Investments is looking for a school leaver to join its Apprenticeship scheme working within its Risk Department.
Throughout the 12-18 month apprenticeship you will work towards achieving the Level 3 Compliance/Risk Officer Apprenticeship which will include a professional qualification. This opportunity will enable you to develop a wide range of skills and competencies by exploring the way the M&G business is run and by interacting with people across the business at all levels, receive on the job training and earn a competitive salary.
This programme is designed to help people without degrees start their careers within a leading investment management company, straight after sixth form or college and is not a graduate programme. The Apprenticeships that we offer are permanent roles, however you must achieve your objectives and complete your qualification during the 12-18 month programme to roll off permanently into the team.
Financial Risk & Governance
The Risk Department at M&G is looking for an Apprentice to join its Financial Risk and Governance Team. The primary responsibility of the role will be to provide administrative support to the Team’s Risk Analysts – such as preparation of meeting materials, and ad-hoc requests. The Apprentice will also provide ad-hoc administrative support to the Regulatory Finance Team (who sit in the Finance Department) and to the Operational Risk Team, as required. The scheme will give successful candidates a very hand on and practical introduction to risk management and its importance within M&G, while providing early exposure to a range of challenging business experiences.
The role is split between satisfying ad-hoc requests and the following regular tasks:
- Provide assistance on the organisation of meetings.
- Support the Risk and Finance Analysts in the preparation of meeting materials.
- Attend meetings and take minutes/note actions.
- Support the tracking of actions from key meetings by liaising with key stakeholders.
- Help maintain the team’s records to assist with audits and regulatory visits.
It is expected that the successful candidate will display the following qualities;
- Achieved or predicted a minimum of 96 UCAS points, or equivalent
- English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above
- Keen to start a career in a financial services environment
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- An approachable, positive “can do” attitude
- A numerate, logical and analytical approach
- Proactive in learning new skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel with willingness to develop these skills further
- Willingness to take part in further qualifications post Apprenticeship
Who can apply?
To join us you will need to have achieved or be predicted 96 UCAS points; demonstrate the drive and motivation to achieve in a challenging role.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.