Do you want to earn while you learn in a friendly, supportive, innovative company?
Why not join us at Bright Little Stars as a Nursery Apprentice?
What will I learn on my BLS apprenticeship?
You will learn how to:
- Work with children of different ages between 6 months and 5 years
- Successfully care for children
- Create stimulating environments both in- and outdoors for children
- Safeguard children including Child Protection and Health and Safety
- Work with a diverse culture of people
- Build positive partnerships with parents/carers
- Work as part of a team
- Excel as an Early Years Practitioner
How will I be trained?
- A number of options are available to Apprentices. Some attend college once a week, others attend study days at weekends – whichever route you choose you will be offered full support from BLS.
- You will receive on-the-job training and guidance
- You will be appointed with “A Buddy” (an experienced Level 3 qualified practitioner)
- You will have access to a tutor/assessor, whether you attend college or study groups who will visit you at the Nursery
What qualification will I achieve at the end of my Apprenticeship?
- Level 2 – Intermediate
- Level 3 – Advanced
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT
What do I need?
- A clear DBS
- Passion for working with children
- Strong communication skills
- Good timekeeping and organisational skills
- An enthusiastic, flexible, can do attitude
- To live within a 40-minute commutable distance
What are the benefits to completing my Apprenticeship with BLS?
- Higher salary on completion of Level 2
- Excellent rates of pay
- Eligibility for the BLS bonus scheme on completion of Level 3
- Support for Higher Level qualifications
- 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holiday which increases with service
- One annual leave bonus day a year
- New uniform provided
- Access to a laptop onsite
- Free lunches on site
- Three days onsite training during inset days
- Team building events throughout the year
- Harrow: 51 Sheepcote Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2JL
- Mill Hill: 1 Dove Close, Bunns Lane, London, NW7 2AQ
- Stanmore: Stanmore Business and Innovation Centre, Howard Road, Honeypot Lane, Stanmore, Middx, HA7 1BT (OPENING AUTUMN 2017)
- Watford: 80 Sheepcot Lane, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD25 0EA
How do I apply?
- Forward a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send this to your closest Bright Little Stars Nursery.
To find out more: