Are you driven and up for a challenge? Want to gain a valuable trade skill while giving the public a great service? The BT engineering services apprenticeship could be a good fit.
What is the BT engineering services apprenticeship?
Glad you asked. BT actually has loads of different opportunities within their engineering services apprenticeship programme. We’ll take a look at some of the sectors and roles:
- Technology, Service and Operations: this is the team of engineers that builds and maintains BT’s exchanges and radio sites across the country. Their priority is making sure BT customers are connected and have a great service. The apprenticeships available in this team are:
- BT Facility Services: these are the guys who make sure all of BT’s buildings and sites are running smoothly. They maintain electrical supplies, replace heating equipment and loads more. There are three engineering technician apprenticeships available in this department – air conditioning, combustion and electrical.
- Business and Public Sector: this is the part of BT that uses technology to help businesses. They give companies of all shapes and sizes a brilliant service, and focus on developing relationships with staff at those companies. There is one apprenticeship role available in this team: business and public sector engineer.
- Wholesale and Ventures: in this department staff do everything from fixing equipment for large companies to repairing problems for customers. The roles are either in the office or out in the field. You could be a supply chain engineer apprentice or a MSL engineer apprentice
If you click on each of the links above you will find a detailed description of what each apprenticeship role involves, what level it is, and where they take place.
BT are looking for young people who...
- Want to make a difference and ready to do their best.
- Enjoy working in a team.
- Like tackling problems and figuring out how to solve them.
- Are comfortable working with new technology and tools.
Choose the apprenticeship you’re interested in by exploring the links above – each details the specific entry requirements you will need to have.
How does the training work?
All the BT engineering services apprenticeships allow you to learn practical technical abilities, so you will have a highly valued trade skill. You will study for a recognised industry qualification while earning a salary.
And don’t worry, you don’t need a background or prior experience in this field. BT gives you all the training and skills to become a pro. They’ll give you support to reach your goals so you can make sure you’re progressing.
How do I apply?
BT are offering 12 different kinds of apprenticeships in 2017. We’re guessing you picked the BT engineering services apprenticeship because it sounds perfect for you – but check out the others before making your decision, because you can only apply for one.
- When you’re ready to apply, fill out the online application form on the BT website. Check out our advice on filling out application forms for help with this.
- If meet the requirements and put together a strong application, the be asked to complete an online test – and find out straight away whether you’ve got through to the next stage, which is…
- A video interview: You’ll meet some friendly interviewers, who will ask you why you’ve applied for a customer service apprenticeship, and why you’d make an awesome hire!
- If you impress, you’ll be invited to an assessment centre at a location near you, which you’ll attend alongside other candidates.
Ready to apply?
Visit the BT website by clicking the button below to visit the BT engineering services apprenticeship pages. Click on the area you’re interested in to get your application underway!