Have you got big ideas about how to connect people? Want to manage a project from start to finish?
The BT business management apprenticeships will give you a real head start in the world of business.
What is the BT business management apprenticeship?
The BT business management apprenticeships allow you to develop top-notch skills while earning cold hard cash. You can do a higher or advanced level apprenticeship (read this if you’re unsure about the levels). There are lots of options to become a business pro in several of BT’s departments:
This is the team that looks after large companies who are customers of BT. From helping the sales team to overseeing internet projects, there’s loads of cool opportunities in this department. You could do a London-based apprenticeship in the following roles:
- Business operations manager: a higher apprenticeship that teaches you how to sell products to BT’s customers. You’ll learn all about sales targets and how to keep customers happy.
- Mobile contract manager: a higher apprenticeship where you’ll learn the ropes of managing customers’ contracts with BT. You’ll help make sure customers get value for money and that the service is high quality.
- Strategy, marketing and mobile: a higher apprenticeship in an exciting area of BT’s business, where you’ll see how the business pros plan how BT is going to grow and develop in the future. You’ll gain a wide understanding of how BT is run and be trained in how to manage a project.
- Product manager: an advanced apprenticeship that shows you how to oversee and manage all of the products and services that BT has.
- More details on all the roles above, including entry requirements, can be found here.
In this department of BT, staff focus on helping other companies do well. They use technology to help businesses do their work – that includes everything from small start-up companies to huge organisations and even the government. Taking place in London and Chesterfield, your apprenticeship will show you how to manage a project, from the first idea to pulling it off - making sure you don’t spend too much and that the project is ready on time. You’ll get your own projects to manage, learning by actually doing.
BT is the world’s oldest communications company, but that doesn’t mean they’re not right at the front of things when it comes to new ideas and inventions in mobile, TV and digital tech. Their consumer team make sure people across the UK are connected in all sorts of ways – connected to their friends and family, but also connected to their fave movies and TV. BT’s consumer apprenticeships are for people with ideas and creativity, as well as the motivation and commitment to see them through. There are apprenticeships in:
- Sales: you’ll work with designers and digital pros to encourage people to buy BT products online. You’ll learn how to track sales using the latest online tools.
- Customer Engagement: you’ll help customers to understand and manage their BT products online. You’ll how to create a simple online process for customers, for example when they want to see their bill.
- Digital Capability: you’ll learn how to use technology to make sure customers have great experiences with BT.
- Digital Media: this apprenticeship involves working on BT Sport products. You’ll work with BT’s team of journalists to encourage people to buy BT products through social media
BT are looking for young people who...
You don’t need any prior experience or insider knowledge of business to join BT as an apprentice, phew! What BT do want is people who:
- Are team players and like working with others.
- Want a job that lets them make a difference.
- Are go-getters, ambitious and take initiative.
- Have good attention to detail and able to follow instructions.
- Happy to chat to customers and colleagues.
- Have a knack for solving problems.
For the higher business management apprenticeships, you will need to have two A-levels with a minimum of grade CC by September 2017. And for the advanced level apprenticeships, you need to have 4 GCSEs at grade C or above including English and maths.
How do I apply?
BT are offering 12 different kinds of apprenticeships in 2017. We’re guessing you picked the BT business management apprenticeship because it sounds perfect for you – but check out the others before making your decision, because you can only apply for one.
- When you’re ready to apply, fill out the online application form on the BT website. Check out our advice on filling out application forms for help with this.
- If meet the requirements and put together a strong application, the be asked to complete an online test – and find out straight away whether you’ve got through to the next stage, which is…
- A video interview: You’ll meet some friendly interviewers, who will ask you why you’ve applied for a customer service apprenticeship, and why you’d make an awesome hire!
- If you impress, you’ll be invited to an assessment centre at a location near you, which you’ll attend alongside other candidates.
Ready to apply?
Visit the BT website by clicking the button below to visit the BT business management apprenticeship pages. Click on the area you’re interested in to get your application underway!