Want to learn how to be a sales pro whilst getting paid? Look no further than BT’s sales apprenticeship.
What is BT's sales apprenticeship?
The BT sales apprenticeship opportunities are available in the company’s “wholesale and ventures” department. There’s a big team of sales experts, working together to sell different products and services (like TV and broadband) to companies.
The apprenticeship lets you see behind the scenes of a busy sales team, learning what it takes to convince customers to make that important sale!
BT are looking for young people who...
- Want to give customers a brill service.
- Have strong verbal communication skills.
- Have an analytical approach.
For the higher apprenticeship programme, you will need 2 A-level qualifications with a grade of at least CC, by September 2017.
How does the training work?
There are currently two sales apprentice roles with BT. Both will allow you to gain technical and office skills, while earning and studying for a qualification.
- Desk based account manager: you will sell BT’s services and specialist products from in the office – by ringing up customers and making that sale. Your focus will be meeting certain sales targets and making sure your customers are happy.
- Commercial / sales: you will work with colleagues and customers to help make sure BT is on track with its sales targets.
How do I apply?
BT are offering 12 different kinds of apprenticeships in 2017. We’re guessing you picked this one because it sounds perfect for you – but check out the others before making your decision, because you can only apply for one.
- When you’re ready to apply, fill out the online application form on the BT website. Check out our advice on filling out application forms for help with this.
- If meet the requirements and put together a strong application, the be asked to complete anonline test – and find out straight away whether you’ve got through to the next stage, which is…
- A video interview: You’ll meet some friendly interviewers, who will ask you why you’ve applied for a customer service apprenticeship, and why you’d make an awesome hire!
- If you impress, you’ll be invited to an assessment centre at a location near you, which you’ll attend alongside other candidates.
Ready to apply?
Visit the BT website by clicking the button below to visit the BT sales apprenticeship pages. Click on the area you’re interested in to get your application underway!