Applications for IBM's apprenticeship scheme open in January, and we'll have more details coming soon. Learn more about IBM and their Gap Year and apprenticeship schemes on their profile.
If you are looking to explore how a business works and learn what makes it successful, then our Business Apprenticeship role is for you. This is an opportunity for you to develop your conscientiousness and curiosity with an in-depth training programme which will help you perform effectively in your role. With the support of your team, you will develop commercial awareness which will enable you to take on roles within project management, HR, operations and delivery. You will become a valuable member of the project team, building on skills from communication and adaptability to planning and organisation. Your contribution will allow our clients’ businesses to be as effective and successful as possible.
Training - IBM Apprenticeship scheme
Your training starts with a two-week induction, which will help you to understand how IBM works and how we operate.
After that, it’s all about 2 areas:
1) Business and technical skills training, which helps you get better at doing your job and attain further professional qualifications. Our technical apprentices will achieve an OCR Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship qualification for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals, consisting of a Diploma of Professional Competence for IT & Telecoms Professionals, and the OCR Level 4 Cambridge Technical Diploma (for knowledge). For our business apprentices, you will achieve an OCR Level 4 Diploma and NVQ in Business & Administration
2) Personal skills training, which can be anything that you feel would help you with your career progression in IBM– and it’s entirely controlled by you.
- 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above (including Maths and English Language)
- Must have obtained or be predicted at least 160 UCAS points from A-levels or equivalent
- You don’t need any work experience, just a passion for business and technology.
- You must also be authorised to work in the UK
- The majority of our apprentices are based from client sites across the UK which means having a flexible attitude to travelling around the country and staying away from home is a must have.