SKODA Parts Advisor Apprenticeship
SKODA is driven by something different. What are you driven by? We are looking for ambitious, dynamic and enthusiastic people to join our apprenticeship programme. If you are customer focused, forward thinking and want to learn, then we can give you the life and technical skills you need to be part of our team.
The Parts Department is at the heart of our operations. Our Parts Advisors are responsible for the stock control of a wide range of vehicle parts and accessories. This includes the ordering, selling and managing of stock to ensure that we meet the needs of our trade counter customers and to guarantee that our workshop team have the parts and accessories that they need to complete their daily tasks.
Your duties will vary from day to day and could include:
- Providing advice to customers who are having problems with their vehicles
- Taking sales orders from customers both face to face and over the phone
- Stock control for vehicle parts and accessories
- Maintaining an ordered stock room
- Raising invoices for parts sold
- Liaison with internal teams to ensure the correct stock is place at the right time
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join our team and embark on a long-term career, with excellent earning and progression opportunities once you complete your apprenticeship.
Training will be delivered using a combination of virtual classroom learning and face-to-face block release weeks at our state-of-the-art training centres.
At the workplace, your dedicated mentor will support your learning, so you can apply the skills and knowledge gained through remote sessions and at the National Learning Centre.
With this well-rounded training programme, you will be able to develop skills for life. You will also gain apprenticeship qualifications and brand certifications.
On successful completion of the one-year programme you will receive the following:
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Standard (England) / Level 2 or Level 5 Customer Service Apprenticeship (Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Wales)
- Brand specific certifications
Volkswagen Group (VWG) is one of the UK’s largest car retailers encompassing premium brands such as Audi, Bentley, SEAT, ŠKODA, Volkswagen, TPS, Volkswagen Paint and Body and Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles. This network of retailers spans across the UK, providing a range of career opportunities. Some of our apprentices have gone on to become team leaders and managers within the retail network or joined our team at Head Office in Milton Keynes.
No experience is required to join our apprenticeship programme. All we ask is that you join us with:
- GCSEs in Maths, English and one other subject (Grade 9-4 / A-C)
- Scottish National 5 Grades A - C or above in English, Maths and either a Science or Technical subject
'Equivalent' grades include:
- BTEC / OCR / NVQs or equivalent
- Key Skills Level 2
- Essential Skills (Wales)
- Functional Skills Level 2
- Core Skills (Scotland)
We accept predicted grades and conditional offers can be made based on predicted grades.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about the automotive industry and our brand. Some of the personal skills we’d like to see in your application are:
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Strong communication skills
- Customer Service
If you are unsure about your eligibility and qualifications, please apply regardless.
As part of our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion, all applications are automatically anonymised by our recruitment system. This is with the aim of realising our ambition to have a workforce that is reflective of the community we serve and eliminating unconscious bias, allowing employees to be appointed based on their talent, skills and experiences regardless of ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic.
Please do not contact the retailer directly. Inspiro Learning carry out the full recruitment service for this employer. If you have any questions, please contact us on 0800 587 3051.