One in every nine vans sold in the UK is a Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle. Dependable, Partnership and Economical. These are the brand values of Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles. With a vehicle range that includes the iconic camper van to our more modern Amarok’s and transporters, it’s no wonder our customers are loyal supporters of our brand.
We are looking for the next generation to work within our retail network as an apprentice, taking on the technical and life skills that will be the foundation of a rewarding career.
Every day is different within the Service department. As a Service Technician/Mechanic Apprentice, some of your duties will include:
- Use of diagnostic equipment to identify vehicle faults
- Carrying out bumper to bumper overview, service and inspection
- Undertaking repair and maintenance of vehicle parts including clutches, gearboxes, tyres, brakes, suspension, and infotainment systems
- Completion of readable and accurate paperwork for customers and centre records
- Maintaining a clean work environment
You will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of products including traditional, hybrid and electronic engines. From heritage vehicles to leading edge modern technology, our range will provide you with a varied technical training experience to build your skills as a Service Technician/Mechanic.
Training will be delivered using a combination of virtual classroom learning and face-to-face block release weeks at our state-of-the-art training centres.
At the workplace, your dedicated mentor will support your learning, so you can apply the skills and knowledge gained through remote sessions and at the National Learning Centre.
With this well-rounded training programme, you will be able to develop skills for life. You will also gain apprenticeship qualifications and brand certifications.
On completion of the three-year programme, you will receive the following:
- Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle, England) or Level 2, progressing to Level 3 Diploma in Light Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (VRQ / VCQ, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales).
- Certificate in Automotive Refrigerant Handling
- Brand specific certifications
Volkswagen Group (VWG) is one of the UK’s largest car retailers encompassing premium brands such as Audi, Bentley, SEAT, ŠKODA, Volkswagen, TPS, Volkswagen Paint and Body and Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles. This network of retailers spans the UK, providing a range of career opportunities. Some of our apprentices have gone on to become team leaders and managers within the retail network or joined our team at Head Office in Milton Keynes.
No experience is required to join our apprenticeship programme. All we ask is that you join us with:
- GCSEs in Maths, English and Science (Grade 9-4 / A-C)
- Scottish National 5 Grades A - C or above in English, Maths and either a Science or Technical subject
'Equivalent' grades include:
- BTEC / OCR / NVQs or equivalent
- Key Skills Level 2
- Essential Skills (Wales)
- Functional Skills Level 2
- Core Skills (Scotland)
We accept predicted grades and conditional offers can be made based on predicted grades.
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate skills in logic and problem solving. You should be someone who pays attention to detail and is committed to completing this three-year training programme.
We are looking for apprentices who love the automotive industry and our brand. Some of the personal skills we’d like to see in your application are:
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Strong communication
- Interest in vehicle engineering
As part of our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion, all applications are automatically anonymised by our recruitment system. This is with the aim of realising our ambition to have a workforce that is reflective of the community we serve and eliminating unconscious bias, allowing employees to be appointed based on their talent, skills and experiences regardless of ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic.
Please do not contact the retailer directly. Inspiro Learning carry out the full recruitment service for this employer. If you have any questions, please contact us on 0800 587 3051.