Please note: In order to complete an apprenticeship there needs to be a significant learning need. You need to consider your previous qualifications or significant relevant work experience which may mean you cannot proceed with this application.
We support agile working – click here for more information on agile working options.
About Lloyds Banking Group:
At Lloyds Banking Group, we have a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper and to become the best Financial Services provider for our customers. Through our brands, our Group has a relationship with just about every household and community in the UK. We underpin the lives of millions of individuals and businesses and play a key role in helping to build a growing UK economy.
Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve.
Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all our colleagues can make a real difference.
Are you looking for a new challenge?
We’re excited to present a new opportunity to ‘earn while you learn’ that provides fantastic training and career options in HR. You’ll learn the key skills, knowledge and behaviours required to complete your Level 5 HR Apprenticeship and gain invaluable HR experience, along with a L5 Diploma from the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development.
You'll develop new skills and get dedicated study time to focus on your professional development throughout your Apprenticeship.
These transferrable skills will set you up for the future and provide you with a foundation to build on whilst we support your career development at the same time.
About the role:
We have a number of fantastic Apprenticeship opportunities within the People & Places Team, and if successful, you’ll either be:
- Working closely with a People Partner to provide HR support to a specific business area as well as contributing to our wider people plan. This is a great opportunity to build stakeholder relationship skills and understand the depth and breadth of activity that takes place across a business area each day.
- Working alongside our Colleague Connect team to help triage, manage and identify potential solutions to complex people situations across the organisation.
- Working with our Colleague Relations & Policy team to look and improve our people propositions, alongside gaining insight into working with our recognised trade unions.
- Working alongside our Reward team to create and deliver compelling reward propositions for our colleagues.
About the programme:
Starting in September 2023, we’ll support your study for a fully funded professional qualification as well as the Level 5 HR Apprenticeship.
Whilst on the apprenticeship scheme around 20% of your time will be dedicated to ‘Mandatory Apprenticeship Hours’, which can include attending workshops, shadowing, reading, completing assignments etc. This means 80% of your role is applying your learning in the workplace, in a safe environment.
Please note – as a result of this you’ll be expected to work from the office as and when required by the business, however we do follow a hybrid working approach, which means you will spend time between home and office, so you’ll have a great work life balance.
By the end of this programme, you’ll have a clear path for progression and a firm understanding of your strengths and career goals.
You’ll learn how to:
- Be a trusted advisor to the business by developing a deep understanding of their business and contributing to the development and implementation of medium-term people plans.
- Be an ambassador of behavioural and cultural change, leading the business to build the desired culture and maximise colleague engagement.
- Become the voice of the colleague, ensuring fairness, and engaging with stakeholders to provide guidance, advice and challenge to support the delivery of LBG values and behaviours.
- Use people data to provide insight that informs people solutions and proactive interventions.
- Solve complex problems and develop people solutions in response to business challenges.
- Anticipate future people risks, supporting the development of solutions around effective talent and succession management, resourcing and capability so that the business can deliver on its commitments.
- Use external insights to identify trends and inform decision-making.
What you’ll have / be able to build:
- Great organisation skills, with excellent attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical mindset and propensity to learn about data and technology
- Curiosity and a continuous improvement mentality
- A values-led approach to work and ability to work well in a team
What you’ll need:
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade C (or equivalent) or above (these can include predicted grades). If you haven't achieved the required qualifications, we'll help you to take a Functional Skills test in these areas to bring you up to this level
- You should live within a reasonable travelling distance to the office location advertised.
After completing your initial application, you’ll be required to complete an online test, Job Insight assessment and if successful you’ll attend an assessment centre. We’ll let you know as soon as we can if you have been successful at each stage.
What will you get in return:
We're fully committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, creating an inclusive work environment where all our colleagues can be themselves
Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on helping Britain and you’ll have opportunities to be involved with community volunteering and charity events. We also offer a comprehensive employee benefits package you can flex to suit your lifestyle. We offer a competitive package which includes salary, bonus, a generous pension contribution, an attractive path of progression and flex cash to spend on a host of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Our roles generate a lot of interest and occasionally we close adverts slightly earlier than stated on our website. So, if you think working with us could be right for you, please apply now and see where an Apprenticeship with us can take you!
If you have any queries regarding the recruitment process, please email: Lloydsbankingroup@cappfinity.com