Founded in 1888, Dixon Wilson is one of the UK's leading accountancy firms based in the City of London. We specialise in providing accountancy, audit, tax advice and strategic planning to private clients, companies, entrepreneurs and their businesses.
This opportunity would suit someone who is looking to step into their first IT role and learn on the job. You will have an interest in IT and have relevant transferable skills and experience that will enable you to hit the ground running and succeed in the role. This is a varied role where you will provide hardware and software support to end users, as part of a small, established IT team in a single-office accountancy firm of around 160 office-based and remote staff. Key responsibilities include troubleshooting problems and advising on the appropriate action.
Key to your success will be providing excellent customer service and support to staff in the firm, assisting and responding to queries in a timely manner.
The standard hours of work are from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm. The role will involve some work beyond the standard working hours (paid as overtime), where workload and deadlines demand this.
The IT Support person will be responsible for responding to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, Team/Zoom or email following standard help desk procedures. You will diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues and advise users on appropriate action.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Research questions using available information resources
- Log all help desk interactions
- Follow-up with users to ensure complete resolution of issues
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Inform IT Manager/IT Systems Developer of recurring problems
- Stay up-to-date with system information/changes
- Help updating training documents/guidance notes for new and revised software and hardware
- Train computer users as necessary
- Help set up video calls and presentation in meeting rooms
- Maintain log of computer equipment
- Set up new user accounts
- Set up laptops and other IT equipment
- Assist with desk moves, cabling ETC
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- The ability to analyse and solve problems
- The ability to work in a team and positively interact with other colleagues
- A methodical, orgainsed, and planned approach to work
- Attention to detail
- The ability to maintain a level of patience when assisting staff
- Experience of building/repairing PC's, including operating system and software installations
- Understanding of basic network infrastructure