- The programme will take 4 years to complete gaining an Engineering Technician – Mechatronics Maintenance Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship.
- The starting salary for this role is £19,023 per annum with yearly pay increases.
- This programme offers you the chance to train for a highly skilled role, gain a nationally recognised qualification and get paid while you learn!
- Upon completion of the programme you will have attained the skills and knowledge to start your career with Ibstock Group as a fully qualified Engineer.
- During the first year you will attend MAKE UK Training School full time studying the BTEC Level 3 together with hands-on practical activities to complete your Level 2 Diploma. This first year will require you to stay in Birmingham during term time. (All travel and hotel costs are covered by Ibstock plc).
The Location - Lodge Lane Factory, Cannock:
- 20-minute drive from Wolverhampton
- 25-minute drive from Walsall and Stafford
- 30-minute drive from Tamworth
Ibstock plc is a market leading manufacturer and partner of choice for innovative clay and concrete building products, building the face of Britain for over 200 years. Our purpose is to build a better world, by being at the heart of building - underpinned by our ambition to be the most sustainable manufacturer of clay and concrete products & solutions in the UK. We have put addressing climate change and improving lives at the centre of our sustainability work. We are passionate about the recruitment and development of talented individuals so that we can continue to surpass our customers’ expectations.
- As a Mechanical Apprentice, you will be supporting the Engineers with the maintenance of the plant and equipment within the factory and undertaking preventative maintenance tasks.
- At college you will be studying subjects to give you the appropriate knowledge and skills to carry out these tasks such as Engineering Maintenance Procedures and Techniques, Applications of Mechanical Systems and Electro, Pneumatic and Hydraulic Systems and Devices to name but a few.
- You will enter information into a planned maintenance system, and you will support the collection and analysis of production data, so computer skills will be essential.
- You will be responsible for familiarising yourself with Ibstock Policies and Procedures in your particular area, and to work within the Health and Safety parameters within the factory.
- Are you practical and willing to be hands-on, with drive and passion to gain real-life experience with a market leading manufacturer and earn money whilst you do so?
- You will have a minimum of 3 GCSE’s at Grade 4-9 (or equivalent) in Mathematics, English and a Science.
- An ICT GSCE would also be advantageous but not required.
- A full UK driving licence is advantageous, with the flexibility to travel across the country if required.
For more information, please visit our website: https://www.ibstockplc.co.uk/careers/early-careers