Social media

Watch Topic

Do you check applicants social media accounts before offering them a position in your organisation? 

1 mitesh 7 years ago
mitesh

Whilst you wait for employers to respond take a look at this article on https://successatschool.org/advicedetails/209/How-to-Use-Social-Media-to-Help-Your-Career

2 mprocter (UK Apprentice Attraction Lead) 7 years ago
mprocter

Hi Mitesh, This is very dependent on the individual recruiter, Personally I wouldn't check applicants social media accounts as we offer advice on this during our inductions. It is better to be safe than sorry though and I would try and ensure there is nothing on your social media account that may deter employers from offering you a position or at the very least ensure your accounts are not publically accessible. Mike

3 EYApprenticeships (Employer Brand and Attraction Schools Advisor) 7 years ago
EYApprenticeships

Hi, it's not part of our application process but I understand why you ask this question. It's certainty important for students to be mindful of their personal brand when posting online.

4 JennyPwC (Student Recruitment Officer) 7 years ago

Hello, checking social media isn't part of our recruitment or screening process.

5 BethRoseM (Client Services Manager) 7 years ago
BethRoseM

Hello. For our entry level programmes, we don't actively check social media as part of our recruitment process, however, I'd echo the comments from the other employers above - it's important that students represent themselves appropriately and accurately through Social Media. For experienced hire roles, individual recruiters and/or Hiring Managers may choose to check. Social Media can be a powerful positive tool too - for experienced hire roles, our Talent Acquisition team actively source potential candidates through LinkedIn.

6 LizzyJones_MooreStephensLLP (Senior resourcing advisor - Early careers) 7 years ago
LizzyJones_MooreStephensLLP

Actively checking social media isn't part of our process either, but as the other employers have said it's definitely wise for students to be mindful of what they post or at least ensure their profiles are private.

7 RibblesdaleHigh (IAG Co-ordinator) 7 years ago
RibblesdaleHigh

Thanks for your replies. I want pupils to be aware that their social media accounts may be checked by employers, so they should be mindful of the content they post.

8 grantthornton (Senior Resourcing Adviser) 7 years ago
grantthornton

Checking social media isn't a part of our recruitment process but we would recommend students to be mindful of their personal brand and how this can come across today and tomorrow.

Sign up to receive careers advice and info about apprenticeships & school leaver jobs.