Rail speakers in school

Watch Topic

Hi, we're wondering where we can find speakers from the rail industry who are happy coming into school and talking to our rail club. They would love to meet a real train driver!

1 SWard975 (PD Teacher) 7 years ago
SWard975

Am also wondering about getting speakers into school seeing that the town has an International rail station near by and some of our students may work in this field.

2 lgamewell (HR Resourcing Manager) 7 years ago
lgamewell

Hi Mark

Where are you? If your close by this is something I would love to help organise.

Regards
Laura Gamewell
HR Resourcing Manager
TransPennine Express

3 MarkF (Careers Hub Facilitator) 7 years ago
MarkF

We're in Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9FZ. Would be great to organise something for the group. Thanks for responding.

4 lgamewell (HR Resourcing Manager) 7 years ago
lgamewell

Hi Mark
If I can get your email address and a few more details I can look into this for you. We have a depot in Newcastle, I am sure there will be plenty of the team who would love to come and chat to the group.
Regards
Laura

5 mitesh 7 years ago
mitesh

Hi Mark, if you'd like Laura to contact you please let us know and we will pass on your email address. We don't allow the publication of emails on here as a safety measure. thanks

6 MarkF (Careers Hub Facilitator) 7 years ago
MarkF

Hi Mitesh, thanks for that, my email address is [email removed]

7 mitesh 7 years ago
mitesh

Hi Mark - we have your email as your registered through the site, we don't display it on here for safety reasons.

8 MissADakin (CEIAG Co-ordinator) 7 years ago
MissADakin

I'm the Careers Co-ordinator at a school in Barnsley, South Yorkshire and would be interested in someone from the rail industry speaking to our students and possibly arranging a visit (almost a back stage tour). Thank you

9 lgamewell (HR Resourcing Manager) 7 years ago
lgamewell

Hi Miss A Dakin
Good to hear from you, that is something I would really enjoy organising. If you could drop me an email we can take it from there.
Kind regards
Laura

Sign up to receive careers advice and info about apprenticeships & school leaver jobs.