Students on Linked In

Watch Topic

Do you think there is value in encouraging our 6th Form students to create Linked In profiles to engage with employers?

If so in what way can they enhance their profile to catch the eye of an employer?

Do you ever receive/welcome requests for work experience via Linked In?

Nicola (School Careers Adviser/Sixth Form Manager)

1 grantthornton (Senior Resourcing Adviser) 7 years ago
grantthornton

I think their is great value in having students use LinkedIn, its a great way to introduce students into the world of professional networking different from other social media tools they maybe using. If students are using LinkedIn in order to attract employers it is important they fill out any work experience, volunteering, sports team they have been in etc. [link removed] and detail what skills they have gained from this. If they have done a course online outside of their studies for example they should also detail this. Employers what to know what you have learnt from your experiences so demonstrating your skills from different experiences really stands out and not just academics, we want to get to know the individual and what they do outside of school or college.

I haven't received requests for work experience via LinkedIn however always happy to be approached and provide any guidance I can.

Sign up to receive careers advice and info about apprenticeships & school leaver jobs.